Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Josh's Transformers Movie Review

Ok, So I am a huge fan of over-the-top movies that cost millions of dollars to make and have an unbelievable story, and amazing effects. That being said, I saw Transformers last night. To my surprise, the parts that were suppose to be funny actually were. However, I also found myself laughing at parts that were suppose to be serious.

The special effects and sound were some of the best I've seen in a while. Every detail was perfect except for when the giant "Optimus Prime" picks up tiny human glasses and they suddenly double in size to fit in the robots fingers. They also mastered the transformation sequences of which there were plenty.

Overall, it was a good popcorn flick. An over-the-top story, mixed with amazing effects, and it didn't take its self too seriously. I liked it but when there are movies like Harry Potter and the LOTR Series out there, I can't help but want special effects to support a great story rather than the other way around.

No comments: